Representatives of The Conservation Volunteers (TCV), a charity dedicated to creating healthier, happier communities for everyone, will be joining employees and volunteers of charity shops across the UK to receive some well earned recognition on 29 June when they gather for the Charity Retail Association Awards.
TCV has been nominated for the 'Innovation in Charity Retail Award' based on an idea to partner with the children's game Moshi Monsters (where children learn the importance of planting, growing and nurturing) to create a range of branded children's gardening tools and seeds, to bring to life the game in their own homes and gardens.
The products are the first of their kind to take core elements of the online game to create a fun outdoor experience. Through playing the Moshi Monsters game, children learn the importance of planting, growing and nurturing.
The range, aimed at the 5-10 year old age group includes a spade, bucket, wheelbarrow, watering can and gloves. Special Moshi Monster seeds have also been developed meaning that children can grow unusual plants including Meteor peas, Tarzan radish and Blood red onions.
Since the launch in October 2014:
· The equivalent of £95,000 value of products at retail have been sold
· The products have been placed in over 60 stores
· Over 15,000 packets of Moshi seeds sold
· The range received press coverage in seven national magazines
· The charity have developed a partnership in a countywide food programme for primary schools