Lind said: "When I begin my work as chairman of the GCA in January, 2018, I will continue to focus on the core benefits of membership and our strategy, which has the following main objectives:
- Delivering an aspirational members’ conference
- Promote regional activities and networking between members
- Monthly barometer of trade
- GROW our e-learning initiative
- The annual standards inspection process.
"Above all I want to strive to make sure the GCA remains relevant to the interests of our members and is seen as an association that is beneficial to our businesses but is also fun to be part of."
GCA chief executive Iain Wylie said: "I would like to thank Mike for standing for the Chairman Elect role at our AGM in St. Andrews and congratulate him on being elected unanimously.
"I look forward to working with Mike this year and in 2018/19 when he becomes Chairman. Initially, our main priority will be to organise a conference for January 2018, continuing the success and popularity of these events in recent years."