Messe Essen chief executive Oliver Kuhrt said: "We are looking back at one of the most successful events in the 33-year history of IPM Essen. Never before have so many exhibitors introduced their innovations here as in 2015."
Some 43 per cent of visitors came from abroad, up from 36 per cent in 2014. About 83 per cent were from Europe, 6 per cent were from America and nine per cent were from Asia.
Innovation award winners:
- The IPM Innovation Showcase Spring-Flowering Plants category was won by Leucanthemum hosmariensis hybrid 'African Rose' by Kientzler.
- The Bidens Hybrid‚ Beedance 'Red + Eye' by Moerheim won best Bedding and Balcony Plants.
- Boronia heterophylla 'Lipstick' by EPS received the IPM Innovation 2015 title in the Tub Plants category.
- The Promenaea Sunlight (Promenaea limelight x Promenaea xanthina) by Klusmann won the Flowering House Plants category.
- In the Green House Plants category, the Artocarpus altilis 'Ma'afala' by Cultivaris North America won the IPM Innovation 2015.
- In the Cut Flowers category, the 'Könst Paradiso', a spray alstroemeria by Könst Alstroemeria, won.
- In the Woody Plants category, winner was Rhododendron micranthum 'Bloombux' by Diderk Heinje.
- In the Bushes and Shrubs category, the jury chose the Pennisetum alopecuroides 'Hameln Gold' by Cultivaris North America.
- The IPM Innovation Award winners were phytho foamer from Knecht/Menno Chemie and DH Licht's MGR-E and MGR-K lamps for plant lighting.
- The Show Your Colours Award which was jointly organised by BIZZ Holland and Messe Essen honoured the plant with the most significant added value. Rhododendron Bloombux ('Microhirs3') which was created by Joh. Stolwijk & Söhne and Diderk Heinje Pflanzenhandelsges. mbH & Co won. The Hydrangea macrophylla Music Collection by De Jong Plant bv from the Netherlands took second place. Third place went to the floating plants by R. Moerings bv, also from the Netherlands.