President Dr Heather Barrett-Mold said: "'Uniting a Growing Profession' is much more than a strap line or a slogan. It underlines the key objective of IoH over the next few years - to unify."
Council member Steve Dowbiggin said previously troubled branches such as the South West were now stronger than ever.
A meeting of trustees and other advisers last week decided to:
- appoint a web and membership co-ordinator in each branch;
- support an internet-based network for heads of horticulture at land-based colleges;
- become a partner in the Grow initiative;
- hold a national conference on value-added parts of horticulture;
- pilot a new grade of membership called e-affiliate member;
- relocate to Capel Manor College.