I need a line machine to mark our commercial vehicle yard. The surface is concrete and Tarmac and will have vehicles driving over it. Can you help?

You give no indication of the size of the yard but there are a number of ways of marking hard surfaces.

You could use the services of a contractor. A number of contractors offer car-park and road-marking services, including PA Marking Company of Leighton Buzzard (www.pamarking.co.uk). Also, search on the internet under “car park marking”.

If you want to paint the lines yourself, you need to be aware that ribbed concrete can be difficult to mark. Common paints for use in car parks are thermoplastic paints and rubberised paints; there are other types but you will need to check details relating to their durability and uses.

Many marking liquids can be applied through sprayer-type line-marking machines, such as those supplied by Fleet Line Markers (www.fleetlinemarkers.co.uk), Grassline UK (www.grassline.net) and Vitax (www.vitax.co.uk). Others are best applied by the transfer method from a wheel. There are also aerosols for use with small-wheeled trolleys.

Have you registered with us yet?

Register now to enjoy more articles and free email bulletins

Sign up now
Already registered?
Sign in

Before commenting please read our rules for commenting on articles.

If you see a comment you find offensive, you can flag it as inappropriate. In the top right-hand corner of an individual comment, you will see 'flag as inappropriate'. Clicking this prompts us to review the comment. For further information see our rules for commenting on articles.

comments powered by Disqus
Follow us on:
  • Facebook
  • LinkedIn
  • Twitter
  • Google +
Horticulture Jobs
More Horticulture Jobs

Are you a landscape supplier?

Horticulture Week Landscape Project Leads

If so, you should be receiving our new service for Horticulture Week subscribers delivering landscape project leads from live, approved, planning applications across the UK.