The RHS said: "In 2016 the Plant Heritage and Floral Marquee exhibitors will all be under one roof so the Floral Marquee will be bursting with nurseries." Around 100 plant exhibitors are listed for the marquee, including the Plant Heritage exhibitors and a similar number of floral exhibitors as in 2014.
The merger was initiated by the RHS. Plant Heritage say they welcome moving in with the nurseries as it could mean greater footfall and being nearer collection holders who usually exhibit in the marquee.
New Plant Heritage Exhibitors are:
Philip Oostenbrink – Exhibiting the National Plant Collection of Hakonechloa macra and cvs.
Echium World –Exhibiting the new National Plant Collection of Echium spp., & cvs., from the Macaronesian Islands
Two separate iris collections - National Plant Collection of Arthur Bliss and Cedric Morris irises
James Lye Fuchsia Collection- Exhibiting the National Plant Collection of Fuchsia cvs (introduced by James Lye).
Other Plant Heritage exhibitors are:
- Jonathan Hogarth’s National Plant Collection of Hosta (small & miniature)
- Paul Harris’s (Brookfield Plants) National Plant Collection of Hemerocallis with the RHS AGM
- Barry Clarke’s National Plant Collection of Rubus spp.
- Dr Gary & Maria Firth’s National Plant Collection of Myrtaceae (Tribe Myrteae)
- Sir Harold Hillier Gardens – specific collections to be confirmed
A new Floral Exhibitor is:
Plants Delivered - Exotic style plants suitable for a UK climate
There will also be a butterfly dome, Capability Brown-themed gardens and a children's Saturday at the annual event, which is 26 years old.