News, in-depth reporting and discussion of greenkeeping and turf maintenance, including sports turf, fine turf and amenity turf. Looking for greenkeeper jobs?
Turf In Depth
Your employees can help you to differentiate from your competition in a positive way, says Neville Stein.
What new developments are currently on offer from turfgrass breeders? Sally Drury investigates
Organisations that can respond well to crises are more likely to succeed, says Ben Hurley.
How can the latest products help turf managers following unprecedented rainfall? Sally Drury finds out.
- Bradford City sees fewer injuries after buying new aerator says head groundsman
- More people seeking help from trade charity
- Garden cities charity TCPA welcomes Government prospectus
- BLEC pits its sportsturf seeders against other machines during open week
- New Contracts - Grounds Maintenance
- Turf improvement programme sees grassroots clubs get expert support in £1.3m project
- Landscape key to future planning revolution says Farrell Review
- Key mayoral advisor latest addition to AIPH International Green City Conference
How to Buy...
How to buy - Aerators The latest models offer faster speeds, wider working widths and root zone recycling, Sally Drury finds.
How to buy - Tractors Knowing precisely what tasks you need to do is crucial when selecting a new tractor, says Sally Drury.
How to buy - Tractor-mounted mowers A high-quality finish and attractive stripes have increased roller mowers' popularity, Sally Drury explains.
How to Buy - Aerators The latest models feature clever technology but knowing when to use them is still key, says Sally Drury.
How to buy - Amenity herbicides Sally Drury answers questions about the latest weed control products to appear on the market.
How to buy - Mini-excavators Weight, ease of control and adaptability are key factors when selecting these machines, says Sally Drury.
Burying seed up to 20mm deep and with a working width of 1.83m, the new Double Disc 1830 Overseeder from Charterhouse Turf Machinery boasts disc spacing of 30mm. It is fully adjustable for any type of seed and has a 300-litre hopper. A 65hp tractor ...
Providing Bomford arm mower owners with alternative uses outside the hedge-cutting season, the Pro Drill Head can be used to power either a range of post-hole borers or a tree stump planer. A heavy-duty hydraulic motor can be used at oil flow rates ...
Launched at the BTME turf show in Harrogate in January, the KSAB Duo Super Spreader features double plates to achieve uniform dispersal without the need for a second run. Available from Sherriff Amenity, it has a parking or support wheel to ensures ...
With a powered cut-and-collect system, the new C-Series lawn tractor from Countax can mow quickly. The XRD cutter deck uses contra-rotating blades to cut the grass before throwing the clippings in front of the collector. Driven by the tractor's engi...
Going down a storm at the Redexim demonstration event in Holland last year, the Speed-Brush is now available in the UK from Charterhouse Turf Machinery.
With no fewer than 18 upgrades to the 1200 model, the new GreensPro 1240 claims to take greens rolling to "another level".
Ask Sally Drury
Advice from Horticulture Week's equipment expert
- The article regarding pedestrian mowers (HW, 21 February) was very informative. I am the head gardener at an estate that requires stripes in the formal lawns. I recently tested a KAAZ 53cm rotary roller mower but found it to be rather slow. Would you be able to recommend a good rotary mower that would provide value for money but efficiency too?
- Sports pitch repairs
- What oil should I be putting in my trailed gang mower TG4650?
- I need replacement blades for my Wessex grass topper, which I bought second hand and use behind my tractor. It's a 1999 model 9184, serial number 990090. The number stamped on the blade is 10070 but I don't know whether this is a part number. The fixing hole in the centre of the blade is 18mm diameter and the cutting edge length is 170mm. Can you help?
- I have a Super Bowl 51-61 and I am having trouble adjusting the height. The mechanism may have been put back together incorrectly.
- We have the opportunity to buy a second-hand Dennis Premier to use on our village cricket field. We currently use an Atco but it is old and frequently needs repairing.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Nursery Manager MorePeople £22000 - £25000 per annum, Wiltshire
- Nursery Manager MorePeople £30000 - £35000 per annum, Ireland
- Buyer (Seeds) MorePeople £23000 - £27000 per annum, Essex
- Mobile Landscape Gardener - 21821 Anders Plus £18,000 - £20,000, Stoke Poges, Berkshire
- Nursery Manager/ Supervisor MorePeople £18000 - £25000 per annum, Worcestershire
NEWS: Garden centres look forward to late Easter sales bonanza
SARGENT'S SOLUTIONS: Why the Customer Rights Bill should be seen as an opportunity rather than a threat
MARKET REPORT: Glasshouses
LANDSCAPE ANALYSIS: Government prospectus offers potential boost across disciplines
EDIBLES: Helping cut food waste - latest packaging addresses concerns over waste issues
PLANT FOCUS: Polygonatum