Horticultural techniques, plant pests & diseases, equipment & machinery, energy management, horticultural research findings and other technical information
Investment is a priority for improving growing conditions and boosting energy efficiency, says Sally Drury.
What new developments are currently on offer from turfgrass breeders? Sally Drury investigates
How can the latest products help turf managers following unprecedented rainfall? Sally Drury finds out.
Equipment & Materials
Up-to-date information on glasshouse products and suppliers.
How does the alpine house benefit RHS Garden Harlow Carr? Sally Drury finds out.
Retailers' response to food-waste concerns is driving packaging manufacturers to find innovative solutions, Gavin McEwan reports.
Battery models dominate new introductions but petrol options are also being updated, says Sally Drury.
Latest Machinery Tests
Look out, the Vikings are coming. Stihl calls this latest model a "mulching expert", and we can see why. This is an efficient performer that gives a nice clean cut, with the finely mulched grass clippings evenly deposited even when conditions are les...
- Etesia DuoCut 46 RMHB
- Etesia PRO 53 LKX
- Hyundai HYM43P and HYM51SP
- Weibang WB536SK ALV PRO BBC
- FSI D67-720 4WD
Pest & Disease News
- New plant health officer hears of Northern Ireland's work on exotic tree pests
- NFU calls for bee consultation responses from growers
- Gardening presenter Fowler joins Friends of the Earth bee campaign
- Dow Shield 400 approved for field allium crops
- Science Into Practice - Light leaf spot in brassicas
- Fera appoints new science director
- Newly registered product promoted to tackle red spider mite
- EU invasive species Bill put forward for a vote in two weeks
- Bee charity brings researchers to Harper Adams University to discuss pollinator research programme
- Harper Adams academic re-opens neonicotinoids debate
- Science Into Practice - Conference pear storage
- Science Into Practice - Better defences for lettuce crops
- Science Into Practice - Weed control for narcissus
- Science Into Practice - Timing sowing for snap peas
- Science Into Practice - Green-waste mulching
- Science Into Practice - Biological aphid control
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- HEAD GARDENER Private Estate in Vale of Evesham Dependent on experience, Worcestershire
- Horticulturalist Gardener, Borders Grosvenor Estate Competitive salary plus benefits , Chester, Cheshire / Eccleston, Cheshire
- Pet and Aquatics Supervisor MorePeople £16000 - £18000 per annum, Norfolk
- Sweeper Driver The Landscape Group Paying London Living Wage (£8.80 per hour) and upwards dependent on experience), London (Greater)
- Tractor Driver The Landscape Group Paying London Living Wage (£8.80 per hour) and upwards dependent on experience, London (Greater)
NEWS: Garden centres look forward to late Easter sales bonanza
SARGENT'S SOLUTIONS: Why the Customer Rights Bill should be seen as an opportunity rather than a threat
MARKET REPORT: Glasshouses
LANDSCAPE ANALYSIS: Government prospectus offers potential boost across disciplines
EDIBLES: Helping cut food waste - latest packaging addresses concerns over waste issues
PLANT FOCUS: Polygonatum