Horticultural techniques, plant pests & diseases, equipment & machinery, energy management, horticultural research findings and other technical information
The reduced availability of herbicides has led growers to consider alternative options, Sally Drury finds.
Repairing pitches with precise machinery can sustain more play and increase revenue, says Sally Drury.
Greater confidence in the economy among nurserymen has led to an upturn in orders, Sally Drury finds.
Equipment & Materials
Three of the top brands submit saws for testing in the Wild Wood at Derby College, Sally Drury reports.
How will these three new models fare when tested at Cannington Golf Club? Sally Drury finds out.
Vibration levels, implements and working conditions are key considerations, Sally Drury explains.
Visitors will be offered insights into the latest applied research and technical developments at this year's event, writes Gavin McEwan.
Latest Machinery Tests
A replacement for Echo's CS-610, the new 620SX professional chainsaw has the same size engine (59.8cc) but it is a premium-grade engine and delivers an additional 320W. As a result, this saw has the cutting performance of higher-capacity machines, ...
Pest & Disease News
- Monitoring of potentially damaging pine moth to be stepped up
- Extent of ash dieback problem in Northern Ireland revealed
- Fungicide hailed by Syngenta for storage rot protection
- Researchers blame neonicotinoids for bird decline
- HDC issues pansy disease guidance
- MPs call for action from Government on food security in the face of changing weather patterns and global food demands
- Savari Research Trust director says 2014 has the makings of a "meltdown year" for potato late blight
- NFU appear at National Pollinator Parliamentary committee session
- RHS warns on box tree caterpillar now established in UK
- Japanese Knotweed Control returns to Royal Parks to tackle outbreak
- Science Into Practice - Bulb hygiene at drip treatment
- Science Into Practice - Sweet pepper fruit rot control
- Science Into Practice - Reducing loss in radish crops
- Science Into Practice - Crop lighting for ornamentals
- Science Into Practice - Minimising residues
- Science Into Practice - Finding better ways to spray
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Nursery Supervisor Griffin Nurseries 20-25k, Hampshire / Liphook, Hampshire
- HEAD GARDENER REQUIRED - COTSWOLDS Knight Frank £28,000 - £30,000 no accommodation, Gloucestershire / Cheltenham, Gloucestershire / Northleach, Gloucestershire
- Contract Supervisor Lowther Forestry Group Ltd Attractive salary, vehicle and benefits package, South East England / South West England
- Grounds Manager (A446) Horticruitment £31222, Surrey
- Lanadscape Team Leader (M102) Horticruitment £22 - 25K DOE, Worthing, West Sussex
NEWS: Gardeners’ wages likely to be raised by RHS in benchmark exercise
GARDEN RETAIL TOP 100 PROFILE: How Coolings in Kent has built up its reputation
PLANT FOCUS: Ligularia
PEST & DISEASE FACTSHEET: Spider mites
UK GROWER AWARDS 2015: Entries now open