Numerous conifer species are potentially at risk.
Pests & Diseases
Beat the bugs by staying up to date with our plant pest and disease alerts and factsheets on the most common threats.
Pest & Disease Factsheets
Black vine weevil (Otiorhynchus sulcatus) is a serious pest of ornamental nursery stock. The adults feed on susceptible plant foliage, leaving notched edges, and the larvae feed on roots.
Eelworms can carry viruses and cause damage by feeding on ornamental crops.
The threat to ornamental crops is on the increase.
Plants in poorly ventilated structures are vulnerable.
These sap-sucking pests with their pear-shaped bodies, long antennae and a pair of rear-end siphunculi - or exhaust pipes as they are sometimes described - are one of the most easily recognised and common glasshouse pests which pose a threat to many ...
HW's pest & disease bulletin delivers a monthly round-up of news, information, products and research developments relating to the battle against pests and diseases.
Pest & Disease News
- Fruit-fly pest recorded in British crops for the first time
- Disease fuels rise in spending on trees
- BCPC launches latest online edition of Manual of Biocontrol Agents
- Crop council hits out at pesticide claims
- Black sticky trap launched
- Maintain ash dieback vigilance, say experts, despite slower than expected growth in cases
- Property Care Association issues knotweed video
- Deadline issued for Timbrel
- Crop-protection products struggling in EU
- Fungus fight lacking chemicals
- Growers warned about Spanish slug threat
- Cowboy knotweed firms slammed
- Global pest centre to open
- Oecos develops adult horse chestnut leaf miner trap
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Tree Officer South Cambridgeshire District Council £27,224 - £31,661, South Cambridgeshire
- Account Manager Haymarket £30 - £35k (plus up to 40% commission) , Teddington, Middlesex
- Assistant Manager Horticruitment £25K, Bucks
- LIVING WALLS AND GREEN ROOFS CENTRE PROJECT MANAGER University of Greenwich £24,766 to £29,541 plus £3,337 London weighting per annum, pro rata. , Greenwich, south-east London
- LANDSCAPE CONTRACTS MANAGER Cotswold Estates & Gardens LTD Competitive Salary., Cotswold
Garden Retail Awards 2013 - Find out all about the winners in our special supplement
TURF SEED AND CONSUMABLES: STRI trials latest products, machinery and techniques
PLANT FOCUS: Pseudopanax