These larvae damage leaves on ornamental crops.
Pests & Diseases
Beat the bugs by staying up to date with our plant pest and disease alerts and factsheets on the most common threats.
Pest & Disease Factsheets
These two key groups can cause damage across a variety of ornamental crops.
Cankers in nursery stock species are characterised by the death of cambium tissue of woody stems, branches or twigs, causing them to sink in.
This pest can transmit a range of diseases.
Be alert to prevent damage from these pathogens.
Numerous conifer species are potentially at risk.
HW's pest & disease bulletin delivers a monthly round-up of news, information, products and research developments relating to the battle against pests and diseases.
Pest & Disease News
- Research covers splits in radishes
- Extent of ash dieback problem in Northern Ireland revealed
- Fungicide hailed by Syngenta for storage rot protection
- Researchers blame neonicotinoids for bird decline
- HDC issues pansy disease guidance
- Outbreak: Phytophthora ramorum
- Wingssprayer an award contender
- Much welcomed re-issue for biological control handbook
- Warm and wet weather fuels box blight
- RHS warns on box tree caterpillar now established in UK
- Koppert develops drosophila control
- Deadline looming for methiocarb pellets
- Poskitt sets out industry priorities
- Experts warn of potential slug 'plague'
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Nursery Supervisor Griffin Nurseries 20-25k, Hampshire / Liphook, Hampshire
- HEAD GARDENER REQUIRED - COTSWOLDS Knight Frank £28,000 - £30,000 no accommodation, Gloucestershire / Cheltenham, Gloucestershire / Northleach, Gloucestershire
- Contract Supervisor Lowther Forestry Group Ltd Attractive salary, vehicle and benefits package, South East England / South West England
- GARDENER (OPEN SPACES - CITY GARDENS) City of London £20,900 - £23,430 pa inc of LW depending on performance. pro rata £13,137 - £14,727 pa inc of LW)., London (City of), London (Greater)
- Garden Centre Manager MorePeople £25000 - £32500 per annum, East Midlands Region
NEWS: Gardeners’ wages likely to be raised by RHS in benchmark exercise
GARDEN RETAIL TOP 100 PROFILE: How Coolings in Kent has built up its reputation
PLANT FOCUS: Ligularia
PEST & DISEASE FACTSHEET: Spider mites
UK GROWER AWARDS 2015: Entries now open