Harper Adams to host fertiliser and beekeeping events
Monday, 16 April 2012
The Nuffield Fertilizers for the Future event will take place at Harper Adams University College on Thursday this week (19 April), followed by British Beekeepers Association (BBKA) spring convention from Friday to Sunday.
The fertilisers event will look at comparisons in the effectiveness of conventional nitrogen fertilisers with that of alternatives such as waste and green manures, and at ways of optimising use of phosphates. See the Fusion Events website for details.
The beekeeping event has moved to the Shropshire site from its former base at the National Beekeeping Centre in Warwickshire due its growing popularity, said BBKA president Martin Tovey, who added:
"We look forward to welcoming a record number of visitors to the event with more than 1,200 tickets sold."
The event is open to non-BBKA members on the Saturday. See the BBKA website for more details and ticket information.
Latest stories from Horticulture Week
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- HEAD GARDENER Private Estate in Vale of Evesham Dependent on experience, Worcestershire
- Horticulturalist Gardener, Borders Grosvenor Estate Competitive salary plus benefits , Chester, Cheshire / Eccleston, Cheshire
- Pet and Aquatics Supervisor MorePeople £16000 - £18000 per annum, Norfolk
- Sweeper Driver The Landscape Group Paying London Living Wage (£8.80 per hour) and upwards dependent on experience), London (Greater)
- Tractor Driver The Landscape Group Paying London Living Wage (£8.80 per hour) and upwards dependent on experience, London (Greater)
NEWS: Garden centres look forward to late Easter sales bonanza
SARGENT'S SOLUTIONS: Why the Customer Rights Bill should be seen as an opportunity rather than a threat
MARKET REPORT: Glasshouses
LANDSCAPE ANALYSIS: Government prospectus offers potential boost across disciplines
EDIBLES: Helping cut food waste - latest packaging addresses concerns over waste issues
PLANT FOCUS: Polygonatum