Harper Adams to host fertiliser and beekeeping events
Monday, 16 April 2012
The Nuffield Fertilizers for the Future event will take place at Harper Adams University College on Thursday this week (19 April), followed by British Beekeepers Association (BBKA) spring convention from Friday to Sunday.
The fertilisers event will look at comparisons in the effectiveness of conventional nitrogen fertilisers with that of alternatives such as waste and green manures, and at ways of optimising use of phosphates. See the Fusion Events website for details.
The beekeeping event has moved to the Shropshire site from its former base at the National Beekeeping Centre in Warwickshire due its growing popularity, said BBKA president Martin Tovey, who added:
"We look forward to welcoming a record number of visitors to the event with more than 1,200 tickets sold."
The event is open to non-BBKA members on the Saturday. See the BBKA website for more details and ticket information.
Latest stories from Horticulture Week
- Commons committee backs neonics ban, questions independence of research
- Record breaking year for Green Flag Award scheme
- Commons environmental audit committee urges Government to accept European risk assessment on neonicotinoids
- Reports suggest Homebase might be sold
- Morden Hall Garden Centre prepares for closing down sale
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Nursery Supervisor Griffin Nurseries 20-25k, Hampshire / Liphook, Hampshire
- HEAD GARDENER REQUIRED - COTSWOLDS Knight Frank £28,000 - £30,000 no accommodation, Gloucestershire / Cheltenham, Gloucestershire / Northleach, Gloucestershire
- Contract Supervisor Lowther Forestry Group Ltd Attractive salary, vehicle and benefits package, South East England / South West England
- Grounds Manager (A446) Horticruitment £31222, Surrey
- Lanadscape Team Leader (M102) Horticruitment £22 - 25K DOE, Worthing, West Sussex
NEWS: Gardeners’ wages likely to be raised by RHS in benchmark exercise
GARDEN RETAIL TOP 100 PROFILE: How Coolings in Kent has built up its reputation
PLANT FOCUS: Ligularia
PEST & DISEASE FACTSHEET: Spider mites
UK GROWER AWARDS 2015: Entries now open