Harper Adams to host fertiliser and beekeeping events
Monday, 16 April 2012
The Nuffield Fertilizers for the Future event will take place at Harper Adams University College on Thursday this week (19 April), followed by British Beekeepers Association (BBKA) spring convention from Friday to Sunday.
The fertilisers event will look at comparisons in the effectiveness of conventional nitrogen fertilisers with that of alternatives such as waste and green manures, and at ways of optimising use of phosphates. See the Fusion Events website for details.
The beekeeping event has moved to the Shropshire site from its former base at the National Beekeeping Centre in Warwickshire due its growing popularity, said BBKA president Martin Tovey, who added:
"We look forward to welcoming a record number of visitors to the event with more than 1,200 tickets sold."
The event is open to non-BBKA members on the Saturday. See the BBKA website for more details and ticket information.
Latest stories from Horticulture Week
- RHS and Hillier link for trees and shrubs manual update
- Waitrose first to get English strawberries on shelves
- Gardening stars inspire and advise Young Hort members at first event
- Botanic Gardens Conservation International partners with outlet shopping villages
- Former development proposal won't be pursued at Sanders says Garden Centre Group
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Assistant Gardener Rottingdean Place Dependant on experience, Rottingdean
- Landscape Maintenance Operative Whiting Landscape Ltd Competitive dependent on experience, Northampton area
- Vegetation operative Eco Control Solutions 16k yearly review, Based out of Leeds, Working around UK.
- Hermitage Park Project Development Officer Argyll & Bute Council £Competitive, 2,700 miles of coastline, 25 inhabited islands, six towns
- Senior Operative - Mobile Team (21038) Anders Plus 18500, Bracknell
UK Grower Awards 2014: Winners exemplify the finest in production horticulture
NEWS: Garden venues fight back with visitor upturn seen in 2013
GARDEN RETAIL: In-depth profile of Garden Retail Top 100 centre, Garsons in Surrey
MARKET REPORT: Landscape drainage and irrigation
PLANT FOCUS: Bamboo
PEST AND DISEASE FACTSHEET: Sciarid fly