Avoid repeating bland corporate messages if you want to get your message across, Ben Hurley advises
Management issues and advice for running successful horticultural businesses and complying with technical regulation and employment law
A motivated workforce can improve performance and customer satisfaction, Neville Stein points out.
Green Space management
The hire of parks requires a marketing plan, a usage strategy and commercial focus, says Sid Sullivan.
Sargent's Solutions: Alan Sargent on speeding up payments and contractor troubles with weather-related delays08 January 2013
Q: How can I ensure faster payment of the last instalment on a contract? Even when the job is complete, I still have to wait long after we have finished. A: Terms of payment should be clearly laid out in your terms and conditions. I know that most...
An accurate grasp of your site's needs and your workforce's activity is essential, Alan Sargent advises.
Business Planning with Neville Stein
If you have read one of my previous articles you will probably know that I consider employees to be a company's greatest asset and that they hold in their hands the success and reputation of the business itself.
Key principles apply to finding the right people for your organisation's job vacancies, says Neville Stein
Getting recruitment right in the first place is essential for any successful business, Neville Stein explains.
Latest Management News
- Andy Sturgeon designs "Lost River Park" for 31ha Earls Court redevelopment
- Housebuilder David Wilson to sponsor show gardens at Gardening Scotland
- Conference told farming has key role to play in Agri-Tech Strategy
- Picking left late as growers target optimum sugar levels
- Staffs grower faces planning delay
- Fargro secures planning permission to build storage and office facility
- Nurseries hoping for biomass incentives
- Politicians hear cross-industry issues
- UK office shut down as Gasa Group returns to its company headquarters in Denmark
- West Six seeking to diversify to avoid reliance on plants
- Staff facing unpaid leave
- Jobs fuel Beechwood expansion
- Pay rise for lowest earners doubled at Landscape Group
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Key Account and Marketing Manager Darby Nursery Stock Ltd. Up to £55,000 plus benefits, East Anglia
- Assistant Manager Horticruitment £25K, BUCKS
- LANDSCAPE CONTRACTS MANAGER Cotswolds Estate & Gardens LTD Competitive Salary., Cotswolds
- Lecturer in Horticulture Hadlow College £23,278 to £31,375 per annum (pro rata), Hadlow, Kent
- Tree Officer South Cambridgeshire District Council £27,224 - £31,661, South Cambridgeshire
Garden Retail Awards 2013 - Find out all about the winners in our special supplement
TURF SEED AND CONSUMABLES: STRI trials latest products, machinery and techniques
PLANT FOCUS: Pseudopanax