Ensuring that staff work well together in teams will deliver a range of benefits, Neville Stein explains.
Management issues and advice for running successful horticultural businesses and complying with technical regulation and employment law
Green Space management
The hire of parks requires a marketing plan, a usage strategy and commercial focus, says Sid Sullivan.
Sargent's Solutions: Alan Sargent on speeding up payments and contractor troubles with weather-related delays08 January 2013
Q: How can I ensure faster payment of the last instalment on a contract? Even when the job is complete, I still have to wait long after we have finished. A: Terms of payment should be clearly laid out in your terms and conditions. I know that most...
An accurate grasp of your site's needs and your workforce's activity is essential, Alan Sargent advises.
Business Planning with Neville Stein
A motivated workforce can improve performance and customer satisfaction, Neville Stein points out.
If you have read one of my previous articles you will probably know that I consider employees to be a company's greatest asset and that they hold in their hands the success and reputation of the business itself.
Key principles apply to finding the right people for your organisation's job vacancies, says Neville Stein
Latest Management News
- Plant-buying change identified
- HTA demands 'no tax on gardening' at inquiry
- Squire's hosts piano recital
- Big increase for boot sales
- Excavator fleet upgraded
- Extension to Pontarddulais garden centre leads to increased plant sales
- Canny use of hashtag attracts urban hipsters to the RHS
- Garden visitor numbers take upwards turn
- Outgoing NFU president gives final address
- International speakers highlight 'huge opportunities'
- Salad project wins celebrity backing
- Staff service recognised
- Landscape sector debates contract types
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Assistant Gardener Rottingdean Place Dependant on experience, Rottingdean
- Arboricultural Officer Portsmouth City Council Band 08 - £26,539 to £28,922 p.a, Portsmouth, Hampshire
- Garden Director St Andrews Botanic Garden Trust Around £35,000 depending on the skills, expertise and experience of the successful candidate ., St Andrews - East Scotland
- Experienced Senior Kitchen Gardener (ECG540) Horticruitment Circa £25K DOE, Nr Hoo, Hampshire
- Grounds Maintenance Operative/Supervisor Scofell Landscapes Ltd Salary will be dependent on experience. , Newbury, Berkshire
UK Grower Awards 2014: Winners exemplify the finest in production horticulture
NEWS: Garden venues fight back with visitor upturn seen in 2013
GARDEN RETAIL: In-depth profile of Garden Retail Top 100 centre, Garsons in Surrey
MARKET REPORT: Landscape drainage and irrigation
PLANT FOCUS: Bamboo
PEST AND DISEASE FACTSHEET: Sciarid fly