Expert advice from Sally Drury on how to choose and buy horticultural equipment for landscaping, sports turf maintenance, parks, green spaces, amenity turf and botanic and historic gardens. How to choose tractors, mowers, chainsaws, hedgecutters and other machinery for fuel efficiency, fast work cycles, low maintenance overheads, green fuel options and operator comfort.
Find and compare machinery specifications, prices and reviews on What Kit?
Latest Buyers' Guides
Vibration levels, implements and working conditions are key considerations, Sally Drury explains.
Your experience and training are key factors when it comes to choosing a chainsaw, Sally Drury explains.
Working through an enormous range of options is key to finding the right products, Sally Drury explains.
The terrain and nature of the job will dictate which machine you should be using, Sally Drury explains.
Arborists, landscapers and grounds-maintenance teams can put chippers to good use, says, Sally Drury.
Many factors must be considered to ensure optimum protection for your crops, Sally Drury explains.
From crop protection to insulation, there is a material to meet every horticultural need, says Sally Drury.
Sally Drury looks at blowers and sweepers that can be handheld, pushed, vehicle-mounted or towed.
Tasks, tools and power must all be considered before heading to a dealer, Sally Drury explains
Manufacturers are offering greater choice and more environmentally friendly products, Sally Drury finds.
The latest models will cover a wide variety of different professional tasks, Sally Drury finds.
Bright colours and bold printing are helping retailers to sell more plants, Sally Drury finds.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Nursery Supervisor Griffin Nurseries 20-25k, Hampshire / Liphook, Hampshire
- HEAD GARDENER REQUIRED - COTSWOLDS Knight Frank £28,000 - £30,000 no accommodation, Gloucestershire / Cheltenham, Gloucestershire / Northleach, Gloucestershire
- Contract Supervisor Lowther Forestry Group Ltd Attractive salary, vehicle and benefits package, South East England / South West England
- Mobile Gardener - 23884 Anders Plus £16.5-£18.5k doe , Banbury, Oxfordshire
- Horticultarist Rothamsted Research Starting salary normally in the range the region of £18,841 to £20,807 per annum, Harpenden, Hertfordshire
NEWS: Gardeners’ wages likely to be raised by RHS in benchmark exercise
GARDEN RETAIL TOP 100 PROFILE: How Coolings in Kent has built up its reputation
PLANT FOCUS: Ligularia
PEST & DISEASE FACTSHEET: Spider mites
UK GROWER AWARDS 2015: Entries now open