Six buyers of garden, leisure and pet products will be at the next ‘Meet the Buyers’ event being staged by the Gardenex and PetQuip export associations on 26 March 2015 at Lea Marston Hotel, Sutton Coldfield. The event is the latest in a series of ‘Meet the Buyers’ initiatives and will run alongside a number of free workshops, designed to help exporters by providing practical advice, market information and sources of help.
This latest initiative from Gardenex and PetQuip is supported and part-funded by UK Trade & Investment.
‘Meet the Buyers’ events held by the two associations over many years have all resulted in export business for attending delegates. This latest initiative will involve buyers from Denmark, Finland, Switzerland, Hungary, The Netherlands and Sweden. All of the buyers have expressed interest in sourcing British products and will be taking part in one-to-one meetings with suppliers whose products are compatible with their requirements.
The overseas garden product buyers travelling to the UK to meet with British suppliers will be:
- Fausol A/S; a leading Danish importer and wholesaler of practical gardening accessories for hobby gardeners and producer of soil, mulch and fertiliser.
- Hortex Oy; a Finnish wholesaler handling quality horticultural products, mainly for home gardeners but also for professionals. Hortex Oy can also help suppliers looking to sell into Estonia.
- Samen Mauser AG; one of the longest established garden-related businesses in Switzerland, wholesaling and distributing seeds, bulbs and garden accessories.
- Oázis Kertészeti Kft; a leading garden centre chain in 20 stores in Hungary and two in Slovakia. The buyer wishes to meet with both garden and pet suppliers.
The overseas pet product buyers will be:
- Eye4Pets; an importer / distributor of innovative, high quality products for dogs and cats, based in The Netherlands but supplying stores in Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg.
- Häromi Hundtillbehör AB; a Swedish on-line store focusing on all types of supplies for pet dogs, show dogs and working dogs.
The event is open to members of Gardenex or PetQuip and to non-members. The deadline for registration for the ‘Meet the Buyers’ meetings and workshop is 2 March 2015. Details of the workshops, more information on the buyers and how to register for the buyers’ meetings are available from Theresa Swann on e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org