His advice included:
- Add business security and loss prevention to your agenda.
- Add a tagging system and have a tagging policy that lists what to protect.
- Is the closed-circuit television system fully working and does it cover all access areas and thoroughfares? Are external cameras capable of night vision? Do you have 30 days' recording and do you know how to take images off the recording device?
- When were the access codes last changed on the door entry keypads? When was the code on the alarm panel last changed? Are gates and access doors kept closed and secure?
- Is the process to handle cash secure? Are there any weak points? Do you have a secure cash office?
- How are you preventing prices from being swapped from a low-priced item to a high-priced one by customers? Do you use labels that have a security cut in them that break up when removed?
- Are you conducting interviews when staff leave for feedback on internal theft and fraud?
- Do you have a "red route" in place that staff follow when going to and from the tills?
- For further details, call 07889 719690 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.