The categories are as follows:
1. Edibles production categories - deadline 9 January 2017.
- Best New Variety: Top/Soft Fruit
- Top/Stone Fruit Grower of the Year
- Soft Fruit Grower of the Year
- Specialist Fruit Grower of the Year
- Grower of the Year: Cider
- Grower of the Year: Viticulture
- Best New Variety: Vegetable/Salad
- Salad Grower of the Year
- Vegetable Grower of the Year
- Potato Grower of the Year
2. GENERAL categories open to growers of ornamental and edible crops - deadline 9 January 2017.
- Best Professional Product or Service
- Best Consumer Marketing Campaign
- Best Business Innovation
- Best Agronomist
- Best Environmental Initiative
- Top Sales or Marketing Professional
- Best Production Manager
- Young Grower of the Year
- Lifetime Achievement
3. Ornamental categories - deadline has passed - late fee applies
- Protected Ornamentals Grower of the Year
- Nursery Stock Grower of the Year
- Specialist Grower of the Year
- Best New Variety -
- herbaceous perennial,
- hardy nursery stock,
- bedding/pot plant
The UK Grower Awards provide an exceptional opportunity for growers and their key partners in the supply chain to showcase their achievements, innovation and success to both existing and potential customers - and reward their teams for their work throughout the year.
They also provide a vital opportunity for businesses to highlight to stakeholders the vital contribution of UK horticulture - a role which is even more vital in the coming months as representatives lobby for the very best possible arrangements, post-Brexit, for the industry.
They can be used as a powerful tool to support key business objectives whether through raising the profile of a new product offering for customers or simply the encouragement of success throughout the business.
Hosted by leading industry title Horticulture Week, winners can look forward to their successes being promoted across the brand's digital, social and print outlets, reaching an audience of 100,000 unique individuals every month.
Entrants benefit from a nominal administration fee of just £20 if they are a member of a growers' trade or professional association (eg NFU, BPOA, BIFGA, HTA, British Growers member crop associations etc.).
Press and publicity help
New this year, all awards finalists will receive a Finalist Press Kit/Media Pack, which includes:
- Press release for you to use in your marketing/communications activities
- Finalist logo to include on all print and digital marketing/communication
- The same kit will automatically be sent to relevant press on your behalf
In addition to their winners' trophy, all winners from each category will receive a Winner Press Kit/Media Pack, which includes:
- Press release for you to use in your marketing/communication activities
- Winner logo to include on all print and digital marketing/communications
- The same kit will automatically be sent to relevant press on your behalf, detailing your achievements
HOW TO ENTER
Should you have any questions about your entry or the entry process, please email UK Grower Awards manager Kate Collins at email@example.com.
Remaining Entry Deadlines and Administration Fees:
- Edible Categories Final Deadline: 9th January - £20 for all trade/grower association members, (£85 non-association)
- General Categories Final Deadline: 9th January - £20 for all trade/grower association members, (£85 non-association)
Awards Night: 23 February 2017
We are grateful to sponsors AG Recruitment, Cocogreen, De Lacy, ICL Professional and Rijk Zwaan for their generous support of categories this year.
For enquiries about sponsorship, please contact Tim Lomas on 020 8267 4847 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This year's charity partner is Perennial. Information about the charity can be found here.
From our winners:
Geoff Caesar Managing director, Bransford Webbs - 2016 WINNER "These awards are gratefully received as recognition of the incredible commitment and dedication by everyone at Bransford Webbs - all the team have made a huge contribution to the success of the business"
John Thatcher Thatchers Cider - 2015 WINNER "Winning two awards gave a huge boost to our team and is a high accolade. The win demonstrated to all of us that the hard work that goes in on a day-to-day basis is all worth it, especially when put under the spotlight and recognised in this way"