De Jager is based in Ulcombe near Maidstone, having moved from nearby East Sutton to Ulcombe last summer as part of its development and expansion.
"As a richly deserved honour and in recognition of more than 40 years service with de Jager, our lily grower has most kindly named a new lily after our purchasing and warehouse manager, Jo Heale," said de Jager owner, George Clowes.
Jo’s Choice is a stunning and unusual upward facing trumpet with lilac-pink petals, a yellow throat and orange stamens.
"We have also named a new iris after our long-serving general manager, Bob Willard. Bob’s Fancy is a most exciting, brand new cultivar of Iris Chrysographes, the Siberian Iris and better known as the Black Iris. It is deliciously fragrant."The two bulbs feature in the summer bulb collection of de Jager. The latest collection offers:
• 426 different bulbs, of which 162 are new or reintroductions
• 91 lilies, of which 63 are new or reintroductions
• 56 dahlias, of which 27 are new or reintroductions
• 20 bulbs in the pink bulb range for the benefit of breast cancer charities
• 8 new Pictorial Meadows seed mixes