Celebrating the world’s best ornamentals growers, the AIPH International Grower of the Year Awards 2016 - Gala Dinner took place on 28 January 2016, during IPM Essen, Germany.
Costa Farms was presented with the Gold Rose, awarding them the global status of AIPH International Grower of the Year. The UK's Majestic Trees took the silver award.
Costa Farms is one of North America’s largest growers of ornamental plants regularly bringing new products to retailers on an international scale. It grows a wide range of plants, including houseplants, orchids, indoor and outdoor cacti and succulents, tropical shrubs, annual bedding plants, and perennial bedding plants.
Ornamental growers from Canada, China, Germany, Netherlands, Turkey, UK and USA were all finalists receiving the following awards:
Finished plants and trees
- Gold - Costa Farms, USA
- Silver - Majestic Trees, UK
- Bronze - Dashun International Flower, China
- Bronze - Dutchmaster Nurseries, Canada
- Gold - Arcadia Chrysanten, Netherlands
- Silver - Flash Tarim Urunleri (Flash Flowers), Turkey
- Young Plants
Gold - Florensis, Germany/Netherlands
- Silver - Kunming Hongzhihua Gardening, China
- Bronze - Shanghai Yuanyi Seedling, China
AIPH President Bernard Oosterom said: "Tonight has been a wonderful celebration of the best of our industry. I would like to offer my congratulations to Costa Farms and all the winners of these awards."