Abstracts are to be a maximum of 500 words and can be on a wide range of subjects relevant to the work of a tree, woodland or planning officer, but will only be considered from local government-employed tree and woodland officers. Suggested topics include:
- Tree strategies/policy/tree database innovation
- Tree risk management
- Case studies of tree projects or best practice
- Tree-related planning and enforcement case studies
- Raising the profile of trees with local government, or working effectively with politicians
- Tree planting
- Working well with the public, tree groups, forums or friends-of groups.
Submissions should be emailed by 14 April to Becky Porter, London Tree Officers Association (LTOA), email@example.com.
The conference is being organised by the LTOA and the Municipal Tree Officers Association (MTOA), and will be held on 9 November 2016 at the Oakengates Theatre, Limes Road, Telford, TF2 6EP. See www.charteredforesters.org/tree-officers-conference.