A British salad grower is among ten international companies vying for the Innovation Award at next month's Fruit Logistica show in Berlin.
Home Harvest Living Salads of East Yorkshire's UK-grown Oriental Mixed Living Salad was among the products and services shortlisted by a jury of industry experts.
The ten will be voted on by visitors to the show, which runs 5-7 February, with the award winner announced on the afternoon of the last day.
The other entries are:
- Vegetable Crumbs - breaded vegetables from Aureli Mario of Italy;
- Fette di Sole – snacks made from dried orange slices from Azienda Agricola Campobasso Marco, also of Italy;
- Extended shelf life packaging for broccoli - BrimaPack of the Netherlands;
- "BBQ Grill Mix - Eisberg Group, Switzerland;
- Folding reusable plastic containers for bananas - Ifco Systems, Germany;
- Uurú – organically-grown bananas from Ecuador with intense, exotic flavour, Internationale Fruchtimport, Germany;
- Fioretto – long-stem cauliflower with small heads, Tokita Seed, Japan;
- Compostable packaging nets from beechwood cellulose - Verpackungszentrum Graz, Austria;
- Grape de-stemming machine - ZTI Mechatronics, Netherlands.