A visitor's jury and a professional jury allocated the award on account of the marketing story and the wide range of applications for the plant in private gardens, and as a hedge in public spaces.
The prize was presented to Sebastiaan Heinje on behalf of Joh. Stolwijk & Söhne and Diderk Heinje Pflanzenhandelsges. mbH & Co KG. by jury chairman Oliver P. Kuhrt at the joint BIZZ Holland stand.
Second place went to Hydrangea macrophylla Music Collection from De Jong Plant bv of Boskoop.
Third place went to the mix of floating plants in a glass vase from R. Moerings bv of Roosendaal.
The other nominated plants were:
- Buddleja Bloomtastic! Dreaming Lavender/Butterfly Wall (‘Hinebud1’) from Boomkwekerij Cees Koemans,
- Carpinus betulus Rockhampton Red from Batouwe Boomkwekerijen bv,
- Cupressus macrocarpa ‘Púbol Pendula Aurea’ from Vivers Planas, SL, Celrà,
- Familie fruitboom from Fruithof bv,
- Ribes sanguineum Amore (‘Annys2003’) from Van Son & Koot bv,
- Rosa Babylon Eyes® from Gebr. Seuren rozenkwekerijen bv,
- Sarcococca humilis Winter Gem (‘Pmoore03’) from Plantipp bv, IJsselstein.