- Reducing waste to landfill by five per cent minimum.
- Promoting reduce, reuse and recycle to staff and customers.
- Supporting recycling legislation.
- Recycling rainwater for watering, reducing mains water consumed by five per cent a year.
- Introducing solar power.
- Encouraging recycling by staff and customers.
- Training staff to sort waste for recycling.
- Using a waste compactor to help reduce carbon emissions.
- Hosting an Eco Weekend to promote recycling.
- Offering Christmas tree recycling to turn into mulch.
- Regular briefing of employees on latest recycling initiatives to stop waste going into landfill.
- A free tool amnesty service to swap unwanted tools, which are repaired and given to schools, for new ones.
- A 64,000-litre water tank is to be installed to store rainwater to flush toilets and reduce the need to use mains water.
- Returning reusable packaging to suppliers such as plastic wrapped around compost.
Award sponsor - Bayer Garden
Have you registered with us yet?
Register now to enjoy more articles and free email bulletinsSign up now