Scotsdales advertised for people who enjoyed gardening and wanted a part-time job helping other gardeners find the best product for the job. Six "Sam's angels" started work on 1 April on a 12-week contract.
Scotsdales also now offers:
- A web service answering gardening problems within 24 hours.
- Website newsletters with vouchers and promotions.
- How-to-do advice on feeding lawns.
- Customer comment cards.
- Delivery service, free to those who spend over £100 and live within 30 miles of the centre.
- Information points.
- Gardening clinics.
- Free events from music to wildlife talks.
- Carry to car service.
- Garden furniture assembly service.
- Garden and patio design service.
- Children's gardening club.
As a result, sales have increased by 7.41 per cent over five months, customer numbers have risen by 7.24 per cent year to date and customer spend is up to £23.56.
Sidmouth Garden Centre
Award sponsor - Greenfield Software
Have you registered with us yet?
Register now to enjoy more articles and free email bulletinsSign up now