The BALI Chalk Fund was started in 1975 with a legacy from the widow of a founding BALI member and owner of landscape and grounds maintenance contractor Gavin Jones Ltd, Geoffrey Chalk.
The fund receives bequests and donations and is one of two beneficiaries of the charity collection at BALI's National Landscape Awards each December.
The fund's trustees provide financial support to encourage companies to offer industry apprenticeships in addition to helping individuals who need financial assistance to pursue industry education and training.
The award winners, who each received a cheque and certificate, were:
- Ryan Yates, Berkshire College of Agriculture
- George Lovegrove, Capel Manor College
- Joshua Noakes, Merrist Wood College
- Robert Crompton, Myerscough College
- Christopher Shore, Reaseheath College
- Jack Byng, South Staffordshire College
- Roy Townson, Sparsholt College
- Graham Simpson, SRUC Oatridge Campus
- Simeon Dunford, Streetscape Social Enterprise
- Francesca Le Maistre Banham and Robert Band, Writtle College
Fund Chairman Peter Jennins OBE commented: "The Fund's trustees are delighted to reward these outstanding students who are on the threshold of their careers in the landscape industry. It is our sincere hope that they will be encouraged to maintain their contact with BALI and benefit from the wealth of knowledge and expertise that exists within the membership of the association. We also hope that their interest in training and education will continue throughout their careers."
To find out more about the BALI Chalk Fund, visit www.balichalkfund.org.uk