To help, B&Q has introduced a two in one Christmas tree which combines a real and artificial tree.
The first of its kind, the B&Q Fake-N-Fir tree combines its two best-selling trees - the ‘fake’ 6ft Eiger Classic and the real ‘fir’ 6ft Nordman Fir Christmas tree. Prior to being considered for sale in 2017, the prototype is being tested by select B&Q customers in the run up to Christmas.
Tessa Ireland, from B&Q’s Christmas and Garden team, said: "It probably comes as no surprise that Christmas trees are the cause of so many festive domestics – us Brits have very strong opinions when it comes to artificial versus real trees, and people can be reluctant to change. Real tree fans love the smell, while those who prefer fake, like the practically and ease. As the biggest retailer of Christmas trees, we wanted to create an option the whole family would be happy with, hopefully meaning a more peaceful and happier Christmas for our customers."
Additional festive statistics:
- · 1/3 will have more than one Christmas tree
- · Half will opt for a star instead of an angel to crown our tree
- · 30 per cent go as a family to choose a tree; 28 per cent have to our partner’s approval on the Christmas tree
- · 63 per cent always put the tree in the same place
- · 22 per cent decorate their tree alone while 23 per cent let their children decorate the tree
- · 37 per cent of people decorate the tree in the same way each year
- · 54 per cent always add a few new decorations to the tree each year