Employers interested in expanding their business by recruiting a new member of staff, or training an existing staff member, are encouraged to apply.
The two-year programme - first launched in 2015 - is delivered in partnership with Myerscough College and the Landscape Skills Academy. Apprentices will take part in a total of seven five-day long bootcamps delivered away from the workplace. The bootcamps provide highly intensive and practical learning experience off the job.
The apprenticeship programme is based on a qualification called the Diploma in Work-based Horticulture (Level 2).
Apprentices will be focusing on the following areas:
· Health and safety
· Personal performance
· Effective working relationships
· Clearing horticultural and landscaping sites
· Levelling and preparing sites
· Building new structures, surfaces and paths
· Installing flag stone surfaces
· Use and maintenance of non-powered and hand held powered tools
· Loading and unloading
· Establishing plants and seeds
See the APL website (www.landscaper.org.uk) for more information.