Latest research has found that 200,000 allotments have disappeared in the past 30 years. Meanwhile, 100,000 people are waiting for an allotment in England.
The Findaproperty.com poll found:
- 77 per cent would grow food in an allotment to help combat increasing food prices;
- 64 per cent indicated new-build properties with added allotments would be more attractive to buy;
- 61 per cent felt an allotment would add value to a property;
- 46 per cent would like to rent an allotment;
- two per cent of 500 people surveyed own an allotment.