Boningale ups production for retail market
Friday, 07 June 2013
Amenity plant supplier Boningale Nurseries has revealed that it is expanding production for the retail market.
The Shropshire-based nursery specialises in producing container-grown shrubs and perennials at its 17ha site and produces more than one million plants every year for the professional landscaping market.
Now, after building a 3,500sq m tunnel that can produce 80,000 two-litre plants a year, the company is making plans to further expand its operation specifically for the retail garden centre and nursery industry.
Boningale recently sold 20,000 two-litre shrubs to Bransford Webbs and further shrub lines are now being produced for garden centres.
Sales director Frank Sandford said: "With our expertise in growing for the landscaping and amenity sectors, it seemed the obvious next step for us to upscale our operation with a view to contract growing for nurseries supplying the retail market. It helps us diversify in line with our company's objectives."
Latest stories from Horticulture Week
- Chris Francis joins Hillier as garden centre director
- London council has £1.4m of tree work on offer
- Proposed plant reproductive material laws voted down by European Parliament
- Garden Re-Leaf poised to help kick start garden sales this week
- US cut flower grower to undertake UK cut flower nursery tour
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Assistant Gardener Rottingdean Place Dependant on experience, Rottingdean
- Experienced Gardener - Part Time Hastoe Housing Association Ltd £8,000pa (£7.69ph), Tunbridge Wells, Kent
- Craft Gardener Blarney Castle and Gardens up to £24,000 per annum dependent on experience, Blarney, Cork
- Skilled Hard Landscapers Urgently Required (21046) Anders Plus £10-£16 per hour doe, London
- Senior Maintenance Gardener/ Team Leader (21045) Anders Plus £20-£22K DOE, South West London
UK Grower Awards 2014: Winners exemplify the finest in production horticulture
NEWS: Garden venues fight back with visitor upturn seen in 2013
GARDEN RETAIL: In-depth profile of Garden Retail Top 100 centre, Garsons in Surrey
MARKET REPORT: Landscape drainage and irrigation
PLANT FOCUS: Bamboo
PEST AND DISEASE FACTSHEET: Sciarid fly