Boningale ups production for retail market
Friday, 07 June 2013
Amenity plant supplier Boningale Nurseries has revealed that it is expanding production for the retail market.
The Shropshire-based nursery specialises in producing container-grown shrubs and perennials at its 17ha site and produces more than one million plants every year for the professional landscaping market.
Now, after building a 3,500sq m tunnel that can produce 80,000 two-litre plants a year, the company is making plans to further expand its operation specifically for the retail garden centre and nursery industry.
Boningale recently sold 20,000 two-litre shrubs to Bransford Webbs and further shrub lines are now being produced for garden centres.
Sales director Frank Sandford said: "With our expertise in growing for the landscaping and amenity sectors, it seemed the obvious next step for us to upscale our operation with a view to contract growing for nurseries supplying the retail market. It helps us diversify in line with our company's objectives."
Latest stories from Horticulture Week
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- HEAD GARDENER Private Estate in Vale of Evesham Dependent on experience, Worcestershire
- Horticulturalist Gardener, Borders Grosvenor Estate Competitive salary plus benefits , Chester, Cheshire / Eccleston, Cheshire
- Pet and Aquatics Supervisor MorePeople £16000 - £18000 per annum, Norfolk
- Sweeper Driver The Landscape Group Paying London Living Wage (£8.80 per hour) and upwards dependent on experience), London (Greater)
- Tractor Driver The Landscape Group Paying London Living Wage (£8.80 per hour) and upwards dependent on experience, London (Greater)
NEWS: Garden centres look forward to late Easter sales bonanza
SARGENT'S SOLUTIONS: Why the Customer Rights Bill should be seen as an opportunity rather than a threat
MARKET REPORT: Glasshouses
LANDSCAPE ANALYSIS: Government prospectus offers potential boost across disciplines
EDIBLES: Helping cut food waste - latest packaging addresses concerns over waste issues
PLANT FOCUS: Polygonatum