Boningale ups production for retail market
Friday, 07 June 2013
Amenity plant supplier Boningale Nurseries has revealed that it is expanding production for the retail market.
The Shropshire-based nursery specialises in producing container-grown shrubs and perennials at its 17ha site and produces more than one million plants every year for the professional landscaping market.
Now, after building a 3,500sq m tunnel that can produce 80,000 two-litre plants a year, the company is making plans to further expand its operation specifically for the retail garden centre and nursery industry.
Boningale recently sold 20,000 two-litre shrubs to Bransford Webbs and further shrub lines are now being produced for garden centres.
Sales director Frank Sandford said: "With our expertise in growing for the landscaping and amenity sectors, it seemed the obvious next step for us to upscale our operation with a view to contract growing for nurseries supplying the retail market. It helps us diversify in line with our company's objectives."
Latest stories from Horticulture Week
- Takii looks forward to increased profile for 'Cannova' following FleuroStar win
- Trees for Cities turns to 'crowd funding' for community garden
- Garden Industry Marketing Board to hit the festivals circuit
- Eating more than five-a-day has no extra benefit, say researchers
- Landmark US study computes value of air pollution removal by trees
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Nursery Supervisor Griffin Nurseries 20-25k, Hampshire / Liphook, Hampshire
- HEAD GARDENER REQUIRED - COTSWOLDS Knight Frank £28,000 - £30,000 no accommodation, Gloucestershire / Cheltenham, Gloucestershire / Northleach, Gloucestershire
- Contract Supervisor Lowther Forestry Group Ltd Attractive salary, vehicle and benefits package, South East England / South West England
- Director of Growing Operations MorePeople Negotiable, South East England
- Grower Commercial Manager MorePeople Negotiable, Lincolnshire
GARDEN RETAIL TOP 100 PROFILE: How Coolings in Kent has built up its reputation
PLANT FOCUS: Ligularia
PEST & DISEASE FACTSHEET: Spider mites
UK GROWER AWARDS 2015: Entries now open