Historic landscapes to feature in English Heritage backed TV series
By Matthew Appleby Monday, 03 June 2013
English Heritage has collaborated with ITV to produce Britain’s Secret Homes, a new five-part series which aims to uncover the stories behind the UK's "most secret, surprising and intriguing homes."
Fifty locations have been chosen for the series. They consist of homes put forward by English Heritage, Historic Scotland, Cadw, the Welsh Government's historic environment service, and the Northern Ireland Environment Agency.
Each episode is presented from a different English Heritage property, with Michael Buerk and Bettany Hughes filmed against the backdrops of Wrest Park in Bedfordshire, Chiswick House and Gardens in South West London, Down House, LCharles Darwin's home in Kent, Dover Castle, and Audley End House in Essex.
The series which has been produced by Potato Productions, starts at 9pm on 7 June.
Latest stories from Horticulture Week
- Chris Francis joins Hillier as garden centre director
- London council has £1.4m of tree work on offer
- Proposed plant reproductive material laws voted down by European Parliament
- Garden Re-Leaf poised to help kick start garden sales this week
- US cut flower grower to undertake UK cut flower nursery tour
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Assistant Gardener Rottingdean Place Dependant on experience, Rottingdean
- Estimator Ground Control Competitive Salary + semi-annual bonuses + share options , Southern Region
- Principal Tree Officer London Borough of Bromley £29,958 - £36,744, Bromley
- Experienced Gardener - Part Time Hastoe Housing Association Ltd £8,000pa (£7.69ph), Tunbridge Wells, Kent
- Craft Gardener Blarney Castle and Gardens up to £24,000 per annum dependent on experience, Blarney, Cork
UK Grower Awards 2014: Winners exemplify the finest in production horticulture
NEWS: Garden venues fight back with visitor upturn seen in 2013
GARDEN RETAIL: In-depth profile of Garden Retail Top 100 centre, Garsons in Surrey
MARKET REPORT: Landscape drainage and irrigation
PLANT FOCUS: Bamboo
PEST AND DISEASE FACTSHEET: Sciarid fly